I've owned a 20' since 2006.
Work VERY well as a storage facility!
Bought this one to store tools and expensive materials while building our home on a rural site. Never even lost a nail! 😉

CONS?
Well, there is the single entry, locked inside problem, but that is easily remedied.

Problems "I've" had.

I'm out in the country. Snakes, skunks, possums, armadillos, coons, you name it, sought shelter under "The Box"!
I originally simply set the container on the ground. It's hard packed red clay.
After a rain, my Rotweiller came in covered with red mud!
A rabbit or other critter ran up in one of the fork pockets on the bottom of "The Box".
From then on, the dog spent his free time outside running from one side of the box to the other, trying to find/get whatever was under the box! 😖!
Because of the proximity to the ground, rats and mice soon chewed holes through the wooden floor!
THAT caused a major clean out, repair and reorganize.
Because "The Box" was so heavy, it slowly began to list to one side, getting worse every time it rained.
Bought 6 retired RR crossties and bolted them together to make two 3×8 pads. One under each end.
Helps keep rats and mice at bay, but now I have more room for the other critters! LOL!
Unless you can get electricity to it, storing temperature sensitive items is lost cause.

PLUS:

Had 105mph wind blow through. The wind rolled a 16', slat side cattle trailer over on it's side.
"The Box", 15 feet away, stayed upright!

No roof repairs! 😃

They have pluses and minuses. You just kinda weigh the pros and cons.

I've never been in one, but YouTube has videos of homes/camps/shops that people have made from "shipping containers".