Originally Posted by CashisKing
In 1989, I worked on "F/V Optimus Prime" 163' catcher/processor out of Dutch Harbor (she may have been Seattle registered... I forget.)

... and "F/V Vonnie Marie" out of Homer... 68' longliner.

Crazy stuff... crazy times.

"F/V Optimus Prime" hired me out of Homer... and we took on crab pots so high that the damn boat wanted to turtle running down Shelikof Strait... thru DH/Unalaska.

Pure insanity... doing that work for a living... but the pay was stellar.

I Google Fu for vessels I worked... but no luck

"F/V Rollo" is similar in configuration (but 55' shorter).

https://www.businessinsider.com/corey-arnolds-photos-of-crab-fishing-on-the-bering-sea-2014-8

After quitting the "F/V Vonnie Marie" the rear canopy structure collapsed on the next crew out... busted up a deckhand really bad... both legs broke. Took 2 more days to collect the longlines/gear and 1-2 more days to get back to Homer.

RIP F/V Destination Crew...

That is insane , dude! It is about that timeframe I was contemplating chasing after this smoking hot bush pilot from AK ( her and I drank all night at the Lariat Saloon, Grand Lake,CO)and working my way somehow into a job on the water! I am bummed I never got to AK and probably would have enjoyed the raucous sex for a few weeks , but not so bummed I never worked a fishing boat!