Originally Posted by sawbuck
2010 was the last year the 5.4 was used in the F 150. Finding a good one used isn't easy.

I still drive a Gen 10 XLT Super Cab 2010 FS4 OffRoad 4x4 with a 5.4 Triton ... every day. Knock on wood, doesn't burn a drop of oil. I've got a small drip in the rear main seal which I intend to have replaced here before too long. I think it rolled to like 330k here recently ... sometimes the odometer reads, some times it doesn't. That's the only knock on the truck, it's nearly mint. I just put a new muffler on it and a new set of tires ... I wax it regularly and change the oil religiously. AC still blows cold. I love the truck. Been offered an insane amount of money for it.

They used to talk about spark plugs blowing out and rocker arms on the cams breaking ... never had that problem but I always had it served by my good mechanic and he's taken care of it.

The only thing I can remember causing a hiccup was an O² sensor one time but that was an easy fix.

You can find lots of 5.4 Triton engines up in the midwest I've been told ... nosomuch with the bodies because they are all rusted out up there. I've been thinking of buying a used block or complete engine when I a, up in Michigan in July and bringing it down here to be rebuilt for the sad day when mine gives out. May try to find a transmission to have rebuilt at the same time.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.