Luv2Safri,

Not about to question the validity of your post….and I know others who use both grease or oil, neither of which causes problems. However, out of curiosity, the other day after shooting around 300 rounds I I looked at the bearing surfaces on a Perazzi. They all still had visual evidence of oil doing what it is supposed to do.

That particular shotgun has around 12,000 rounds since a rebuild with new locking lug and the top level is still well to the right of center.

In addition according to Perazzi literature there are areas they recommend oil and others grease.

Krieghoff sells a product I think called K Lube or Grease. It is more of a liquid than thick. Even more so when warm.

I don’t think it matters one way or the other, as long as one puts it in the right area when required or needed. Especially with the metals used in modern firearms. It is going to take considerable neglect to result in any damage to moving parts.

Choke tubes seem to have more tendency to come loose with oil vs a thick grease. Especially those with coarse threads.

On thing to avoid is WD40…especially to anything inside were a light oil coating is the recommended go to.

Last edited by battue; 05/29/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler