Evnin wabby, I was never a fan of pits or cross bred pits, with whatever. We got a pit mix, rescue, not my idea!!! Grand kids two older one new, 3 or 4 yrs I think, the newest one not the dog. Anyway the first time the whole clan comes for the weekend with their two muts I'm on high alert. Everyone comes with the usual fan fare, hugs, hi, etc. I'm watching our dog ready to end its life if need be. The first thing this dog (Joy joy) does is blocks the other two dogs from getting anywhere near the baby'. If the baby went to another room Joy would follow, she was fine with all the grown ups but those two dogs could not even get near her. She's ok now that she knows the other dogs but for awhile there I was definetly worried. Of coarse another dog can be totally different out of the same litter. We had a big Rotmonster years ago, & he was very protective but would always look to us for guidance. I think if you want something specific in a dog it's a roll of the dice.....so good luck & let us know how it turned out. GWP. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦