Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
I had one of the SS T3X's 8" 22-250's when Whitakers did the original order of them. Great gun, shot 40 BT's, 75 ELD, 75 Swifts and about anything I cared to try real darned well.

If you wanted an accurate 22-250 the price on them is about as good as it gets.

Anyone know what the going rate is on one? The one I saw the other day was $750 out the door.

I sold mine for 750 plus 500 bucks for the McMillan that was on it. They gladly paid for it.

I see the blued ones are around 650 on SAS's site.

Thanks buddy. $650 sounds like a great deal. With shipping costs these days, the $750 locally doesn't sound too bad. You did well on yours. I liked that mcmillan, but get along well enough with the cheap plastic stock they come with.

The CTR is great for me. The others just never worked or felt great. Lotsa options though.

I agree. I love the CTR's. The reason I have 2 of them. As I was shooting my new Tikka the other day I noticed the grip was not 100% the way I like them, but it has a B&C on it. Looks great, but not like my CTR's, where I just fall into them and am 100% comfortable. Now, a 22-250 CTR with a fast twist? I could do one of those.. I'd throw away all of my light bullets I use in my varmint rifle and maybe even sell a few slow twist 22-250's. SAS, are you listening? That would be a good request!!!

They need to make a 22 Creedmore already in a CTR... but a 250 isn't far from a reamer punch away either..

Semper Fi