The last few weeks was just a sucker rally. YTD, it was down 20% . That is official bear country, but we only saw a glimpse of the bear. Now we are back up a bunch as of yesterday . Now today we are down premarket. It will whipsaw back and forth but this market NEEDS a good , real bear to come and tear things till there is nothing left but the crying and the weeping . We should be down 30% from the top and that was the beginning of the year. As for me, I am up 9.5% YTD. I had 24% energy stocks and a lot of utilities. Those are the only 2 sectors that are positive for the year. I am concerned however, that oil is going to face some real headwinds in price. Many will dump it cause of recession fears. and bring the price down. However, the energy companies are making an awfull lot of money right now. Even at $70 barrel they will do very well. For those who care Hainsebrand ,Smith & Wesson is also likely a buy. GM is likely undervalued. Bonds are over sold and despite threats of higher interest rates , bonds will do ok for quite some time. I sold the rest of my British Petroleum stocks yeasterday and bought soem Chevron , Spirit Realty, a Charles Schwab inflation protected ETF. It pays about 7% dividends ( SCHP is the ticker) and it went up yesterday. PTY went up 1.3% yesterday. A solid sign that it is safe to say there should be a rally in the bond market cause I dont think I ever saw 1.3% raise on a bond in one day. High dividend Muni bonds have done very well the last few weeks after a 1 yr. downturn. HYD pays about 3.8% tax free divies.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23