Originally Posted by NorthGA1982
I am currently building a 1974 remington 700bdl chambered in 7mm. Everyone says used 160gr accubond but they are absolutely no where to be found. I currently have 50 projectiles. So with that being said what's the next best thing not wanting to go over 160gr this is first and foremost a hunting rifle any help would be greatly appreciated...

Love the good ol' 7mm Remington Magnum! I've taken elk, mule deer & pronghorn with mine. Also saw a Brooks Range grizzly brought down with one shot from a 7mm Rem Mag using the 140 grain Barnes TSX! And a black bear dropped at 500 ish yards with that same bullet.

I ran into kind of a sleeper of a bullet a couple of years ago, the plain-Jane 160 grain Sierra Gameking SPBT. Loaded it up to max with Reloader 22, saw over 3000 fps and really sweet accuracy, like 1.5" groups at 300 yards. I was going to hunt with 160 gr Nosler Partitions, but... these grouped so well, and I was only hunting mule deer & pronghorn antelope that season. Boom, one shot at about 150 yards and the fat young muley buck fell. Shot was a bit far back. My fault. The recovered bullet looked amazing! Found it in the off-side hide. I was impressed with the quick kill and the classic mushroom:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That said I like a lot of bullets from 140 - 175 grains from the 7mm Remington Magnum. The 175 Nosler Partition blew right through, leaving a big dead bull elk behind...

Pick your powders carefully. I've been quite impressed with IMR 8133 of late, Reloader 22 before that.

Regards, Guy