Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
For a known good product or known good parts that I’ve assembled I trust a gun after 500 rounds.

For an unknown product-parts I’d want to go 1500. I choose that number because 1500ish rounds is when parts from PSA caused malfunctions for me. They used a cheap extractor spring in their BCG. I think it was at about that number that a S&W buffer spring wore out, too. Those are both wear items, but not 1500ish rounds wear items.

IME a lot of problems will manifest within a few hundred rounds. But it’s not uncommon to see things break at the 500-1000 round mark.

If it’s just a gun you wanna shoot at stuff recreationally then I wouldn’t do any of that. I’d just shoot it and enjoy it.

Appreciate your reply, that’s what I as figuring as well. If it’s going to break be closer to the 1k count.. I bought this bear creek to give a run with this test.. I have other decent AR’s they are far from high end, but work for what I do which is shoot high power matches. I was going to do this with an AR I built cost like $400 to build but the barrel I got for $85 shoots 77smk’s real well maybe not bsa 10 shot group moa challenge good. But I didn’t want to ruin the barrel.

Last edited by 79S; 06/12/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.