Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by TX35W
Did not feed at all from the left rail; bolt ran over the top of every single round. Mag box needed to be tigged to keep it from flexing, plus feed lips tweaked, plus mag spring located in place.

On the ADL style boxes, I make them a solid bottom. This is a big help with flex and keeping the spring where it needs to be for feeding. Any spring spacer needed gets epoxied to the floor of the box once it's length get worked out. It helped the feeding on both CLR's I've owned, too. -Al

Thanks Al,
So far the two sides of the box are now connected at the rear end (where it was split before.) That alone was a huge difference--until I did that, it didn't really matter what I did to the feed lips bc the box was flexing so much.

Was thinking to either rivet or low temp solder the mag spring to the spring locator/floor plate to fix the two in place. The floor plate piece fits the cutout in the stock pretty snugly so I don't think it will move.

That said I will have some deep thoughts about closing in the bottom of the box.

Last edited by TX35W; 06/13/22.