Originally Posted by Pappy348
I was interested in the Scout in .444, a real bargain on the surface. Maybe not so much….
I wouldn't give up on the CVA Scout in 444 Marlin. I too once owned a CVA Scout in 44 Mag and accuracy was poor. I used Winchester White Box 240 gr SP, which was very accurate in my Ruger semiauto and, unfortunately, neither this brand of ammo nor a couple others that I tried were good in the CVA. At the distances at which I typically shoot deer/hogs, the CVA was probably accurate enough but I still wanted something better. So, a couple of years ago I bought a CVA Scout V2 stainless with 25" barrel and muzzle break in 444 Marlin. This was a vast improvement over the CVA Scout in 44 Mag. Accuracy is exceptional (especially with Hornady's 265gr FP bullet) either handloaded or using Hornady's Superperformance ammo w/the same bullet. This has become my main deer/hog hunting weapon. Also, the factory trigger is very good. I cannot comment on other rifles but I am well pleased with CVA's V2 Scout. I understand CVA makes another version of the Scout in 444 Marlin without the muzzle break but I don't have any experience with these.