Originally Posted by texasjohn
I wanted much the same thing you are seeking. I looked a PCP rifles and decided I did not want all the baggage and expense that went with them. I wanted simple, easy, not too expensive, but reasonably accurate rifle for pest control. After looking at a lot of YOUTUBE videos, I decided to go with a Springer. I purchased a AirArms TX200, a Weihrauch 97K, and a Walther LGU Master Pro. At 35 yards, each of these will hit a quarter every shot with pellets that they like. After shooting hundreds of rounds through them, I sold the AirArms TX200, kept the Walther LGU as a back-up and I shoot the Weihrauch 97K a lot. Mine were all .22 caliber. I use Hawke AirMax scopes and have had no issues. There is a small learning curve to shooting the Springer guns consistently accurate, but you will soon get the hang of it. Your mileage may vary.

JC

That learning curve you speak of = basic fundamentals for shooting any rifle well.........If you keep your airguns in the medium power range they are plenty easy to shoot and have ample energy to kill crows, etc. Where things get sketchy is when you shoot magnum springers with light pellets.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope