An example of inflation is I make $50,000 per year every year. My kids are gone, house and everything is payed. is payed for. I always had the $5,000 ready for my SEP by mid March . This year I had to wait much later to have the money. I never had a problem paying my income taxes by April 15. This year I did not have the money. By June 17th, I always pay my 3 quarterly federal income taxes so I am done for the year. I always had no problem , but tis year I barely had enough. By July 4th , I always had more than enough money saved for my property taxes. This year I will barely have enough by July 4th and that is if all my invoices get payed and I dont htink it will happen. Everyone seems to be real slow to pay the invoices I give them. ( I'm self employed). Every year , I had enough and then some. After July 4th, I start saving $14,000 for my and my wifes ROTH. I dont think I will have enough money by the end of the year cause I am already way behind in my savings. This is what inflation does. Even though I keep track of almost every dime, there is money getting away from me in many places. I know gas is the biggest extra cost , but I only went to my cabin one time this year to make up for it . I fish much closer to home the last few years and that 5 horse kicker only uses 1 qt. in 3 hrs of trolling so that is not it, although it does cost me about $7 more dollars to go to the lake than last year, but that is only about $50 . Inflation is an invisible tax that is hard to find just where the money is going. I noticed my gas bill for May was $46. It was never $46 in May , ever. Electricity was unusually high too at $77. That is a unussually high since there has been very little air being used . I have gotten so cheap. I make my own yogurt, drive the car to work unless I need to gring tools. I hang all my clothes on the line, even in winter. ( My wife refuses however). I stay home almost every evening, and rarely take a ride anymore unless I can pick up some wild Aparagus . I dont know how to live any cheaper anymore and I just starting to have a life existing instead of living. It is inflation that is doing it, and I dont like it at all. I always gave myself a $1,000 spending gift to myself every year. I woudl buy a gun, or go on some Upper Michigan fishing trip a few times, or something. This year, the money is not even there to do that.

Last edited by ihookem; 06/14/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23