Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Only own a 5".

Been watching for an alloy Commander, pretty much gotta be 4 1/4".
Want a bushing setup. Afectation.

Never understood why lightweight 5" guns are so rare.

Springfield Ronin 4.25" Commanders are pretty easy to find right now, and they have ramped barrels, if that's important to you. I bought a .45 on May 1st, and it shoots a LOT softer than the Colt LWCs I've owned in the past. I liked it so much I bought a 9mm Commander to go with it. Some folks don't like the two-tone look, but that doesn't bother me. Kimber has been making LWT Gov't guns for a few years now, and I think Colt has done a run or two, as well. The Kimbers come up on rkguns.com website fairly often, but with supply issues, you have to check their site pretty often and regularly.
I really like the little Ronins, but I've also got five 5" guns that are plenty good enough.
Prices are decent on the Ronins, I paid less than $730 ea. for both of mine. Both of mine shoot about 3" high at 50 ft, but the front sight is dovetailed, so it wouldn't be tough to replace them whenever I get around to it.
I concur on the Ronin 4.25" Commander. I've carried a 5" steel gov't model for years and it didn't bother me, but the new Ronin is a lot lighter and doesn't pull on the belt near as much. Shoots great and has been reliable. I think I paid 650 for it and felt that was a smoking deal.