Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by sbrmike
Yes it was definitely great condition in the original configuration. I am not a fan of plastic and have no idea of it's value.

The Mcmillan stocks new are about $600. Used I've paid $350-$400. So, the "plastic" is worth something. Most times about what an original (wood stock) is worth.

Well said. The days of just giving away a McM are over.

Some of these guys scoff at a good stock and don't realize their value. You and I are still young enough we use them. I get the idea that a lot of these guys just sit their rifles in the back of the safe and they never get used. That's their prerogative, just as it is ours to actually use them. That's why most of them turn their noses up to the rifle I recently bought that had a Mcmillan. I paid $900 for that rifle and then sold the scope and rings and bases that were on it for $575. Now I'm into the rifle for about $325.00... That rifle is still worth a grand with the Mcmillan. Battue probably thought some of us were going to say his rifle wasn't worth anything with that stock, but some of us know better...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA