Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I asked him about an inletting job on an AG composite for my 6 lug mk V and it was over 1k

Whoa, yeah, I don’t think I paid all of that. It’s been 6 months since my last one though.

Yeah , it was a bit pricey but includes the stock.

Then 1000 bucks seems about right. Stock has to be 500 bucks at least right OEH? He is pricey for bedding, inletting and paint, but it is quality work. I stomach it when I have to.

I've been playing around with a couple stocks today. Repainted my 30-06 fwt Mcmillan stock I got last month. It was too glossy for my tastes. It looks much better now. Going to add a red pachmayr decelerator to the Brown PoundR later and then repaint that stock as well. Going to go with my go to brown paint and texture, but trying a new clear. Called "dead flat" clear. Seems to be working great on the fwt Mcmillan stock. I had to heat the pad quite a bit on the PoundR and then cut the bastid off. Along with fixing some other flaws, I decided I'm just going to paint the damn thing brown and be done with it. It won't match my 338wm exactly, but it will be close. Almost a twin, except the 300WBY has factory irons. I'm also contemplating installing a red pachmayr on my most recent XTR sporter 300wby, as that original pad is rock solid. If I do that, I'll keep the original pad and re install it if I decide to sell the rifle... Keeping it all original, except for the bedding job I did to it...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That only increases resell value as far as I'm concerned.. ^^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA