I really have a problem with treating 17 to 20 year olds like children. I joined the Navy reserve a few weeks after my 17th birthday. A high school friend of mine got killed in Viet Nam when he was 17. I was home on leave after my 21st birthday and went in to register to vote for the first time. You had to be 21 to vote in Florida at that time. In the conversation with the lady who registered me she asked how long I had been in the Navy. I told her 4 years. She said something to the effect that maybe I should have been allowed to vote when I was younger. At least the voting age is now 18. If a person is old enough to vote they are old enough to buy a firearm, long or short.
Since the people in the blue states (Democrats) are a bunch of crooks they will circumvent the law any way they can.
If my concealed carry permit had been legal in all 50 states I probably would have gone on to Connecticut and New Hampshire to photograph 99's for my new book. Loggah's wife Cheryl is as good a photographer as I am but I would have been able to get photos of different aspects of Don's and Dick's rifles that I would have wanted. The photos from Connecticut are alright but I could have gotten better photos. When I look at a gun I'm using in the book I see things that I want to include to fit the pattern of my ideas of what the book should contain. It's necessary to have the rifle in my hands in order to do this.
My point is that stupid laws have ramifications way beyond the intentions of the fools who make them. We see this all the time in all sorts of laws.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]