Well being how No. 11 caps are nearly non existent and anyone that has some is hanging on to them for dear life - I found this kit from 22lrreloader.com as an alternative. It comes with a die and 4 packages of dry chemicals that you mix together and put in the cap (made from a soda can). A drop of acetone liquifies and binds the priming material to the cap. I have read where some guys use hair spray or a couple drops of Duco Cement in the acetone to help keep the primer in the cap.

Anyway, here's my first attempt. Will try to get out this weekend and see how they work. Took some time, and is a little tedious but beats not shooting. Not exactly cheap. The die is about $50 and the primer compound kit runs another $20. Took about a week to get it from 22lrreloader.com

In the pic - pop can flattened out with the die sitting on top, couple empty caps, packages of chemicals to make primer, dropper for acetone, small primer box to hold caps in and work with, an empty 17HMR box to mix primer in and a dipper with a small pistol primer cap glued to a q-tip. A single batch makes about 20. The primer packets are supposed to make about 2,000.

About the only place I varied from the instructions is that I sanded the inside of the pop can in hopes that etching the coating would help hold the priming compound in the cap. Will see.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There are a bunch of videos on youtube if you want a little better visual.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope