I seem to remember a similar sled test for PH's in Africa? Might have just been someone else's test like this but with big bore rifles. Dunno.

As to what's faster, I'm not an AK resident or visitor (as much as I'd like to be) - I doubt I'll ever have to know.

The fact he is, at the least, trying things out - thinking, practicing - likely a ton more than most will ever do so there's that. Interesting video. We once did something similar but left to right with a deer cut out - see which of those who claim "hit that deer running at 150 yards" could do so at 50. Not many did, certainly not a vitals hit. That was safe.

No expert on bears but I'd be curious to know from others - say you do hit the bear with shot one, it's not CNS - what are the odds it keeps coming? I hunted black bear, tracked in the bush and come across it not yet dead. When I shot again - it moved away from gunfire and not towards it. Would grizz just go head down and ignore or would they likely turn? I don't know. How committed are they to the attack -on average?

Me