Originally Posted by roverboy
Well, I never thought I'd own one but, bought a AR in .223 off a friend. Just wondered what's everybody's favorite .223 mags? Thanks

I like 20 round pmags. 30s work fine but hang lower so when I'm bench shooting, I have to raise the gun further above the table top .. less steady, less accurate. The 20s are almost exactly the same height as the grip. On the other hand, there is a plus to the 30s .. working up loads shooting 5 shot groups I can start with the hottest at the bottom of the mag, then the next lightest, etc with the lightest at the top. 5 shots, change dots, 5 shots, change dots, etc 'til it is empty. Can test a lot of things in a real hurry if you set up 5 dots per target sheet, it's just a touch trickier to get equally steady.

I was not an AR fan either. Always leaned toward mini-14 but I didn't have one of those either. Finally got tired of one of my lefty / anti-gun friends blabbing her so called expertise so I went out 'n' bought one just to see what the truth was. I got a Ruger MPR. F'ing thing shoots very well, as good per $$ spent as any bolt gun on average. Now I can't really seeing NOT having one. Thanks, loud mouthed lefty friend. smile smile Ironies abound!

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...