Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If the US Army or Marine Corps is buying magazines for combat reliability they choose PMags due to the proven better reliability.

Super Smart Guy Burns,

My son is OCONUS right now and all 210 rounds are in USGI mags.

And he don’t drive a truck or boil potatoes either. LOL

Now that I have led you to water why not take a drink?

Hie yourself down to the local gun emporium and purchase your son the best mags for combat to replace the old stock EPMs his unit issues.

Grab him a few 40 rnd PMAGS as they work great when prone and wearing armour.

You can thank me later or just keep being a lil bitch while your son carries sub par mags.

What your plan?

PMAG is Best Mag

The Magpul PMAG, specifically the GEN M3, is the most reliable M4 magazine on the planet. That’s not just gunwriter tripe or biased corporate swill. And now the U.S. Army has opened the PMAG to general procurement.

Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children — known in some circles as the U.S. Marine Corps — burned about a zillion rounds comparing all the major magazine offerings on the civilian market against the standard issue EPM (Enhanced Performance Magazine). EPMs are legacy aluminum magazines with all the latest bells and whistles. The Magpul PMAG won everything hands-down. Google “USMC Magazine Test” for details.

While the rest of the DOD (Department of Defense) gobbled up PMAGs like crack-addled beavers, Big Army — an affectionate euphemism for the non-Special Operations earth pigs that do the majority of the military heavy lifting in day-to-day operations around the globe — clung dogmatically to their EPMs.

The EPM was a government product. It was the result of an expensive and extensive developmental process. No one likes to hear that his or her child might not be the smartest preschooler on the playground. As a result, there was an institutional inertia that had to be overcome before Big Army might take seriously the latest, greatest polymer ammunition-feeding device.

That all changed as of August 2018.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 06/26/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.