Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
Christians sentenced thousands if not millions to torturous death by a slow fire while tied to a post. Islam has nothing on Christianity for torture and murder. They are just several centuries behind Christianity.
Do you honestly think those despicable acts actually had anything to do with the movement (the original version of Christianity) that Jesus Himself initiated in the early first century…?

I certainly don’t.
Originally Posted by antlers
Do the ancient Israelites get a pass from you for the genocides they’ve committed when they’ve slaughtered every living thing — men, women, children, infants, and animals…?

They were the ancient version of the Einsatzgruppen.

Good Sir, its been my experience that the better part of what passes for Christianity today has sweet fugk all to do with what The Christ initiated from the outset? Beyond that, lots of folks are dead and I dont think it mattered to them who's name they were done in under?

As a species very ,very few of us can manage "Love the lord God with the entirety of your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself" yet profess religious devotion. Myself included in case I need reminding.

Thou shalt not kill. There isnt even a specificity for murder, its "kill". "Thou shalt not kill" says to me dont take life ,so I dont think those who kill get a pass if there's any validity to The Commandments?

Joo's, Diaperheads, and those that call themselves Christian have spilled more blood in Gods name than I'd bet God is comfortable with.

Its funny but when you ask, everyone believes The Eternal Spirit is on their side.
Funnier still , are the people believing everything having to do with their relationship with their Creator is covered between two leather covers and the 1200 (or so) pages in between.

Have a good evening.

.... like tears in the rain