Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I never lost a race with him but he always finished laughing his nuts off and wondering where the next watering hole was...

Back in the days I was riding a Yamaha 920cc v-twin. A friend had an ‘84 Honda CBX 1000, the beautiful pearl white edition, six-cylinder transverse air-cooled inline.

Most every red-light became a dragstrip. It’d turn green and I would torque ahead with that twin, but then his six hamsters would get up to speed and that was all she wrote.
grin

That beautiful CBX met a sad demise, my buddy was doing a Mad Max-style burnout in front of the bar one night when somehow he let up off the front brake too soon, the bike shot ahead, right into the back end of a parked pickup. It was sort of tragicomic.

Times change, the guy rides a nice Harley now, most of the rest of us no longer ride.

I’m glad your friend was able to overcome the demons. A good man gone, sorry for your loss.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744