Both turkey nests by my house hatched though I haven't seen any broods nearby. That isn't surprising as the hen's seem to prefer the woods further back.

Pheasants were 50/50 for nest success. Three nests were raided with what looked like one hen caught. I'm hoping the other two renested but the neighbor cut hay early which may have hurt other nests. I've caught 21 raccoons so far and have shot two coyotes and a gray fox. An orange tabby from across the road shows up regularly but he seems to concentrate on the rabbits to my wife's joy. I've watched him walk right through the chickens with nary a glance at them.

The other three nests hatched and I've seen those broods a few times. At least I've seen three different broods. One hangs out just behind the house with another by my food plot and the third on the property line a couple hundred yards away. I've counted 23 chicks from the three groups which is a little small but it's more broods than I've seen nearby in quite a while.

I have two rooster pheasants that visit every evening. They get along quite well. Two other roosters venture into the yard and that often ends in a fight. They aren't as violent nor as long lasting as earlier but feathers generally fly.

Depending on how much the early haying adversely affected nesting, it looks like a much better than normal fall for my backyard pheasants.