I'm in Minnesota, north of the Twin Cities metro area. From home I'll shoot 20 - 30 roosters in a season with neighbor's adding another dozen or so. its not difficult to run up those numbers as cover starts 20 yards from the back door and I can do multiple 20 minute to hour long sweeps per day if I wish. I don't bag a bird every time but the opportunity to do so occurs more often than not.

There is also a small remnant ruffed grouse population in the woods outback but I stopped managing for them more than 15 years ago. They are on the way out due to being isolated and lack of genetic diversity and I'm surprised they have lasted this long. I've switched to managing for oaks instead, something the deer and turkey appreciate. Squirrels too, especially fox squirrels as they have increased from occasional sightings to common occurances. I had one raiding the bird feeder in the front yard but one day he followed the chicken across the road and didn't make it.

The only quail seen around here are those that escape from my dog training and they don't last much past first significant snow. At one time they were found around here but that was better than 80 years ago before corn and soybeans became the dominate crops.