I
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by mjac
I have had a hunting ATV for years that I have moved around with a trailer. Now I also have a travel trailer and can not pull both at the same time.

To take both, I am trying to locate and buy another ATV that will fit into the bed of my 2016 F250 standard bed Super duty. I have a step (factory) in the tailgate and have 79" clear in the bed to work with.

Manufacture's wheel base data has not been useful as it does not translate to overall length considering front and rear overhangs, etc.

Does anyone have any real world info that would help me narrow my search for an ATV that would fit my needs?

Thank you.

A Suzuki King quad 400 cc is 45" wide at the wheels and the 500 is 47.8 at the wheels. I have the 400 and want the 500 but I haul it in my pickup. With my 7' bed I need to have my tailgate down to get it to fit in the box. With an 8' bed you should be able to get the tail gate closed with the 400. I haven't measured the length on a King quad 500 yet so I don't know how it will fit in the 8' box.
kwg

I have a Suzuki 750 King Quad and load it in the back of a 6 1/2 foot bed by using a set of steel ramps in front to lift the front end and get the 4 wheeler into the bed far enough to still close it he tailgate

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]