kaywoodie;
Good Monday morning my cyber friend in the south, I hope the weekend was a decent one for you and you're all well as can be.

As EdM mentioned, I don't take a bunch of photos of me somehow, but this one was a couple weeks prior to our eldest's wedding and we'd decided to throw a rifle in the truck, take a drive and talk about life as we understood it.

We'd driven that road for her entire life and half of mine and never seen a buck there, but there it was that day and so it came home with us.

The rifle is a between the wars commercial roll marked Mauser - no waffenamts on it - with it's 3rd barrel which is now a 6.5x55, in a Wildcat Composites stock and a bunch of other money pit sort of parts.

[Linked Image]

While the Mauser is absolutely the rifle I hunt most with anymore, this has somehow been my "lucky rifle", a Liberty Model 77 rebarreled to .308 Norma, on it's 3rd stock which I cobbled together from a Richards sorta semi-inletted blank. It seems to be there when stuff gets shot for reasons I cannot logically explain.

Our non-LEH moose have to have no more than 2 points on one side.

[Linked Image]

Personal best whitetail.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the thread, thanks to all who've joined in and all the best to you all this week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"