Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by Steve
Why pick one when you've got a pair. Pre 64 transitionals in 375 HH and 300 HH. The 375 is off to the left against a rock

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Steve:

What's the story on the cougar?

Opening day of deer season East of Chemult. Hunted out of camp. It had snowed the night before and it was really good still hunting conditions. Had my wife with me.

Heard her (the lion) scream in front of me. Thought, "Who would be calling cougars on opening morning?" Snapped out of it and whispered to Lisa, "That's a cougar. I have a tag."

She says, "Shoot it." She would have been a board member of PETA if she hadn't been with me for these many year, so something of an inflection point was made.

Looked through the scope more and saw her laying down staring at me. Unknown was she was behind a log that looked like her body. Shot where I thought her shoulder was intending a broadside hit. Ended up going through her shoulder and came out the opposite hip.

Went slowly after her having Lisa stay close but behind me. Jumped her again.

Called my buddy on the radio to join me as she had moved into some thick stuff. He forced me to wait a half an hour (I was pretty anxious to get on her again).

Ended up finding her dead.

140 lbs.

Carpe' Scrotum