Originally Posted by mart
I wish Teslong would make a bore scope for a 17. I have theirs and it is for .20" or larger. I also have the Lyman. Same thing, .20" or larger. The Teslong is considerably less money than the Lyman and considerably better, IMHO. But alas, neither are available in 17.

Which is why I still have a Gradient Lens Hawkeye, along with a recently purchased Teslong. Bought the Hawkeye about 20 years ago from Brownells for what I recall was $800, and Gradient upgraded it a few years ago when they improved the optics. It was well worth the price to me due to my job, but for the average shooter a Teslong does the job, even though it won't work in .17 barrels. (Have owned a number of .17 caliber rifles over the years, and all have had very good barrels, even the used Remington 700 BDL .17 Remington I had for a while.)
Haven't tried the Vividia, but probably will have to eventually.

Have got an article assignment partly on this subject coming in Rifle magazine in the next few issues.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck