Because of the "Best Mag" thread I decided to test some magazines out using some cheap steel cased ammo. I did aimed fire just as fast as I could get a good sight picture. Gotta say that 20 rounds in a bit less than 5 minutes warmed the rifle up some. Another 20 rounds soon after at about the same rate the rifle got pretty hot. I was breaking in a new 223 Wilde barrel and accuracy is pretty good even with a hot barrel. I slowed my rate of fire to 2 shots per minute with a few rests to let the rifle cool off. Burned around 300 rounds using various magazines ranging from older Vietnam era aluminum mags, a cheap steel mag that came with a DPMS AR years ago, some ASC aluminum magazines, some AR Stoner magazines. Not a hiccup. Even when the rifle was preety darned hot. Barrel well broken in. Last few shots fired for groups went into just under an inch using reloads topped with the 75 gr. BTHP from Hornady. Scope is an old Weaver 4x with a post. Gun needed cleaning but was still shooting and I bet it would continue to function properly for many more rounds. Outside temperature was around 100 degrees.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/27/22.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]