MD and others:
I'd appreciate comments and insight.

I have a new-to-me 35 Whelen, since today the wind was very light, I took it out again for testing.
After shooting a few groups, I attached the Magnetospeed to the barrel and shot the last group. the POI didn't change and the group was 1.15 MOA - see below for other groups sizes' I thought that the attached Magnetospeed would change things a more than that.

I had tried 225 Ballistic Tips and 200 grain Interlocks SP. The BT shot .64 MOA and the Interlocks shot 1 MOA, 1.08 MOA. 1.1 MOA. I decided to go with the Interlocks since they will be more than sufficient for deer, IMO.

The load I was using was 9 1/2 primers, Hornady Brass, 200 grain Interlock, 58 grains of IMR 4895. The barrel length on this 700 BDL is 22 1/2". The average speed was 2,711 fps with a sp of 24. Maximum 2737 and low 2673. I used a Lyman automatic powder measure so the powder was 58 grains for 19 loads and 58.1 grain for the fifth.

The other thing is the first day I took out this rifle I had the bullets just off the lands. Today I had the bullet set back maybe a 1/4" and the bullet was crimped in. The bullets just off the lands shot 1.1 MOA.

All 5 shot groups.

Bugger

Last edited by Bugger; 06/27/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally