czech1022;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was kind to you and you're well.

The rimfire shooting I do at present doesn't usually exceed 200 yds at most and typically is 25yd and 50yd paper target shooting. For that I'm finding that an adjustable objective which allows the parallax to be tuned is quite helpful.

Years ago I built a bit of a money pit 10/22 and used a 20" Green Mountain heavy target barrel with a Bentz chamber. Because the barrel is so heavy and the receiver comparatively light, back then my research led me to try the following.

I fabricated a small aluminum block which would be a recoil lug of sorts and then drilled and tapped the front of the 10/22 receiver and installed that lug. For bedding, I put full contact on the barrel and the recoil lug, then the rest of the action is floating.

While I did toy with putting in a rear action screw to hold the rear of the receiver in place, the results were positive enough that I've left it that way all these years.

Anyways as always there's many roads to Mecca and all that, but that's the path I took with a heavy barrel 10/22 build.

All the best with your projects whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

Edit to add photo.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/27/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"