Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by las
The only downside I see in reigning in the EPA (over-all a good thing), is that it is going to make it easier for the Pebble Mine Project to go forward, eventually destroying the largest salmon producing watersheds in the world if it does, and leaving behnd an environmental disaster that will last for centuries. But billions are to be made, and China needs the copper...

All politics are local.....

Which is another reason why DC should be left out of that process...............

And when the issue crosses State's borders? Leave it up to them to fight it out? In which Court?

The situation las mentions just happens to be contained within the borders of AK, it will however have an effect on dang near every wild salmon eater in the other States and also other Nations.

Perhaps the good citizens of AK could stop the project, but with the money involved and the history of politicians and "regulators" of industry with greedy hands, I'd likely bet on the environmental destruction for the benefit of the Chinese.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?