Remember that this isn't real 4wd, it is FWD with torque going to the rear wheels when wheel slip is happening. You can lock in VTM-4 to keep the rear wheels powered, but it only works in low gear and reverse up to 15 mph. It is the same drive system that my 2003 Pilot has and it is not a system that gives me much confidence going off-road, in mud, or in snow deeper than 12". It works fine on gravel roads, driving across cut corn and bean fields that are dry, and low challenge off road 2-tracks. I've driven the Pilot on dozens of forest service roads in central and southern Colorado when they were dry, but wouldn't even try to plow through snow drifts or mud that didn't have a firm bottom.

The price and miles look good. If it hasn't had the timing belt changed, it should have been during the 100K mile service. It cost me around $1,250 to have the timing belt changed and the drive train fluids changed when I bought my Pilot with around 120K miles on it. If you buy it, I sincerely hope that it treats you much better than the Pilot has treated me.