Fails to feed primarily.

This is a twofold problem.

Part of this was the profile of the projectiles.

The other part was that when the 220s were loaded hot enough to produce acceptable velocity, the magazine was not pushing the rounds up fast enough to feed.

This can be fixed by going to heavier mag springs, and trying to fine tune the combo of magazine springs and recoil springs, but the goal was to produce ammunition that a person could stick in a box stock G20 and have it function, as it is supposed to. While I recommend a 20# spring, as it is a very good idea, for the guy going to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming or Alaska on a trip and is only going to ever buy 1 single box of ammo, he should not have to. The gun and ammo should work perfectly. 220s in my experience don't seem to do that, and based on the substantial amount of reports from people, this seems to be the case for many others as well.

The 200 grain flat point feeds very well and has proven to be extremely reliable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The other thing is that you get to a point of diminishing returns on velocity and reliability.

I found that if I shoot a heavy load 1 handed it (like what may happen in the field) I get results that are different than what guys get on a flat range standing shooting two handed.

Many guys can handle 200 grain loads, slow fire, 1 round at a time from a Glock at 1200 FPS, death gripping the crap out of their G20.

However if you tell them to put 6 rounds in 2 seconds onto a target at 3 yards, they get malfunctions quite often. If you tell them to do it 1 handed, most fall apart.

If you back the same 200 grain load off 50 FPS, to 1150 FPS, the very vast majority of those same guys are now able to control the gun during recoil, gripping it tight enough, not to induce malfunctions.

That is the sweet spot for 90+% of shooters and outdoorsmen who are not experienced big bore shooters. 200 grain bullet at 1150 FPS. I highly doubt a bear is going t know a difference in 50 FPS of penetration and the load is a very deep penetrating one already.

A lot of guys get sucked into "oooh this is the fastest/ heaviest 10mm"', but if it does not work when you need it, then why bother.

Reliability is far more important to me. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com