Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Using it in a new Tikka 204 Ruger I recently bought. I don't see much if any copper fouling and loads are fairly accurate. I bought 2 more pounds of it, so as to leave my AR Comp alone. Found some CFE223 here locally for a pretty good deal, so I bought it.

That is what I am using it in as well, a 204 Ruger. it shoots accurate with good speed but leaves as much copper in the barrel as several other powders Benchmark,8208xbr,Varget,VVN140,H322,BL-C2.etc. was just thinking that the CFE was more marketing than reality.......don't know about the 223 part of it either, doesn't work that well in any of my 223's but glad it does in my 204 Ruger
It is available here locally as well for a reasonably good price

It may be your barrel? I found it shoots very clean and the barrel is easy to clean with little to no copper fouling, but the rifle I am using it in is new, basically. I will agree with you about the "223 part" as well. I experimented with it in some of my AR's and a buddies bolt action 223 rem and there were always other powders that did much better. I kind of wrote it off until recently buying this new 204 Ruger. It works exceptionally well in that rifle. Sub moa 10 shot groups is the norm. My new fast twist Tikka 22-250 is sending that rifle down the road though.. YMMV..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA