Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by 5sdad
... that sets us apart from the lesser members of the species could we discuss today?

Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily.

I hope I can be that man. Some days it’s hard.

Having seen and dealt directly with the affects of late stage Alzheimer’s on a loved one I have nothing but the ultimate respect for the spouse that’s able to deal with it. My wife worries because of the hereditary aspects of Alzheimer’s but I tell her she shouldn’t worry since it’s one disease that’s every bit as devastating to the spouse as it is to the patient themselves.

God bless you Mart, I don’t envy your responsibilities but I respect your devotion! You both will be in my prayers…

“ I hope I can be that man….” For you to desire something as selfless as wanting to be a kind and compassionate caregiver to your spouse leaves me with no doubt that you most definitely ARE that MAN!…..and I’d venture to guess that your wife is lucky to have you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~