The wife and I have both had Lymes. Nasty and sometimes hard to detect. Doxy is only known antibiotic to work on it.

There are other strains of lymes. A new one found in Clearfield County Pa., Lawrence Township Park called DTV. It is a rare type of Powasson virus and can be transmitted in as little as 15 minutes by tick, while lymes may take up to 24 hours. There is no known cure. 12 % will die and another 12 % will have severe health issues like encephalitis, meningitis, confusion, difficulty speaking, seizures and loss of coordination. 90 % will have lifelong health issues with it. I believe a person in Connecticut just died of it. This was reported in one of the game papers in Pennsylvania and I saved the article but cut the heading off so I don't remember which one. 92 % of the ticks there carried the virus.

Other strains of lymes are local with some more severe than others. Flave is right, save the tick because it can be tested for specifics. There is a mail in free analysis for lymes that the wife knows about, but she is super sick with covid right now. I'll ask for the info when she is back on her feet.