Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TWR
I bet the only gripe you’ll have is the safety is stiff.

Either cut a couple of coils or order a lighter detent spring.
Likely a fluke, but Hickok45's had an issue with failure to lock back after the last round. He even sent it back for that, and it returned to him with the problem still there.

Ultimately, he bought a new Wilson Combat slide lock, and that fixed the issue.

PS His was the Dan Wesson Guardian, Commander sized.

I bought two of these in 9mm, one just out of the 500 round “break in” and the other never fired. I shot the used one and the safety was somewhat stiff but everything worked. I finally sold that one and started breaking in the new one. It wouldn’t lock back on last round and the safety was very stiff. I checked around and it’s a common problem, DW recommends working the safety several times but most people said to just order a new spring and detents or cut a couple of coils. I cut the spring and the safety worked fine while retaining positive clicks and the gun locks back now like it should.

Each part is intentionally fitted tight but they do have a reduced power spring as it’s a common problem. Why they don’t correct the problem from the start is beyond me.

This seems to be an issue with 9mm 1911s, here's a link to fix it. I have two 1911 9mms and both of them were a PITA to re-insert the slide stop. This'll fix that, and make life easier. It will also keep away any chances of the "idiot scratch".
https://www.1911forum.com/threads/idiot-scratch-proof.214653/unread

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.