Originally Posted by rem shooter
and just were does their goverment think they will get food from ?, they already calling for shotages because of Ukrain war .oh i see goverment wants us to starve to bring down the population ...unreal

The Dutch have been a net food exporter for decades. The problem is not the housing shortage (which has been going on for decades and decades as well -- half of both my parents' siblings emigrated in the early 50's due to the housing shortage).

The problem is that the diligent Dutch farmers are VERY good at high intensity farm operations, usually referred to here as feedlots or chicken or pig houses. There's so many that in some areas the manure and litter from said pig and poultry houses have raised the surrounding land level by as much as 4 feet.

In other words, there's way too many CAFO's for the available land to spread the manure. Predictably, ground water contamination levels have kept increasing and increasing. This rule is political, and therefore deeply flawed, but it's not the first attempt at fixing the problem. As far back as 30 years, my cousin, who operated a dairy, was forced to connect to a municipal sewer system because septic systems are completely forbidden anywhere in the country. Never mind he was milking several hundred cows that, well, [bleep] a lot on the ground.

The whole thing is just a symptom of what happens when too many people and animals live in too small a space. Stupid is a geometric function of the population density.

Sic Semper Tyrannis