Had 3 English Pointers and truly loved to quail hunt. It was my passion. Over the years you had to travel further and further to find birds. Eventually the numbers scaled down so drastically that it wasn't worth the effort. I even bought a "Johnny House" to capture quail, but rattlers would find their way inside of it. Even tried stocking areas with pen raised quail. Pen raised birds don't do well in the wild, and they're slowwww fliers. (Hardly fun to shoot).
I understand, Argentina still has quality coveys and many years ago many of my friends traveled to the Baja Peninsula with excellent success. Sad to lose them. They were great sport and outstanding table fare.

The last time I hunted quail locally a friend saved me from stepping on a rattler. I heard a "LOOK OUT" and he shoved me sideways. Naturally I had on boots and even though he was smaller in size doesn't mean he wouldn't or couldn't have struck higher. I would have definitely stepped on him. (The good old days) I'll never forget the start one receives when a covey bust in front of you.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?