Bighorn sheep meat is by far my favorite. I ate my 3 bighorn rams and most of my Dall ram. They taste nothing like domestic sheep. All were great and I would rate them above the elk, moose, and caribou that I've shot. My first Shiras moose tasted like a tough willow bush and I ended up grinding all of the steaks and roast into burger. My second moose I just ground the whole thing into burger. I've eaten 4 different sub-species of caribou and all were good but I would put them on par with mule deer.

The Sable filets that my PH cooked in Mozambique rate up at the top along with bighorn sheep meat.

BBQ'd rare Pronghorn Antelope filets are fit for a King.

I would rate the the meat from black bears that I've shot somewhere between elk and beef.

By far the worst wild meat that I've ever tried to eat was my Mountain goat. I wouldn't feed it to my dog. I didn't have to eat any, but when the guys were cutting up my Dagestan Tur, it smelled exactly like my mountain goat did.

I had my American buffalo commercially processed. I told them to cut the backstraps and tenderloins into 1-1 1/2 pound roasts and to grind the rest into burger. I got 495 pounds of burger and about 20 pounds of roasts. When we cooked the first roast it smelled and tasted great but we could hardly chew it. I then ground all of the roasts into burger.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member