Crickets are chirping. I don't think he liked our suggestions. What good is a rifle that is not tuned? Don't buy another one, until this one is fixed and shooting ragged holes. A 400 yard shot is pretty easy with any decent rifle. Pull that herking scope off and put on one that weighs in the neighborhood of 13 oz's. Hell, I have a nice lightweight (12 oz's) Leupold that I'd sell the op. Its pretty much the only Leupold that has tracked lights out for me, but I can say its very reliable up to this point. I've had it on 3 rifles now recently just checking tracking and the new to me rifles for accuracy. That's probably how I'd roll. Lighter scope, lighter trigger spring from ernie, glass bedding, lightweight good tracking scope, good ammo and lots of range time until those 4-500 yards shots seem very easy.. A lot of guys say if you can keep them on a paper plate, you are good to go. Just some guys put their paper plate out there further than other guys.. No need for a new rifle, until you get that one fixed up. If the OP doesn't want the rifle and wants a new one, he can send the old one to me.. I'll show you what a good model 70 is capable of..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA