Was bored after coffe this morning.... dug this thing out of the back of the safe... was my great gran dads made in 1941 from the serial # When I acquired it at 16 years of age it was equipped with a weaver 330 with mega fine cross hairs and a target dot it was sitting in vertical 3/4” in vertical steel rings (two flatheads holding each ring together. It sat on a one piece redfield base with redfield stamped on the base (I know to some this kills the collector value of this rifle ) rear sight is missing (nice blank in its place) front sight is a redfield with a brass bar almost (has redfield stamped on the sight itself ) the old weaver cane off years ago and it now has a gloss vari x 11 on it after dusting it off and digging out a box of Remington 45 gr hollow points I eased out to my shooting bench in my back yard placed a target down range and waited for a little shooting light.... shot it five times over 5 minutes or so....... went down range (100 yard set up) pulled a quarter out of my pocket covered up the group with a little room to spare..... I’m still amazed by this old rifle and I’m sure my great gran dad is grinning as I type this