20 years in the US Army always on jump status, other than the 3 years spent as a drill sergeant. Hundreds of jumps both static line and military free fall. Jump altitudes from 350 ft AGL to 29999ft AGL. Both Airborne and Halo jump master qualified. My jump log has 20 with O2 & NVGs to include 3 combat jumps. Jumped just about every military and civilian aircraft capable to be jumped to include fixed wing and rotary. Packed my own chute and jumped that pack many times.

Always had a good jump which by definition is any jump that you are able to get off the drop zone under your own power. Had many a hard landing with various obstacles to include trees, water and urban hazards. Injured a few times, thank God nothing serious. Have been on many where men were seriously injured and a few fatalities.

Loved jumping but, once I got out and I wasn’t paid to do it anymore haven’t jumped since. If I had the chance I would volunteer again.

Last edited by Tsavo; 07/24/22. Reason: Spelling

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!

Isaiah 6:8