Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There are about a dozen that come close to equaling my regret for selling this particular gun, but I probably most regret selling my H&K 91 (G3). In the late 1970s I bought one on layaway at a local military style gun store (T&T Gunnary, on Long Island). I paid at total of $600.00 when I made that last payment and was finally able to take it home.

I cannot imagine why I then sold it for what I paid shortly after Reagan left office. The really sad part was that George Bush very quickly outlawed their import (due to their being dangerous weapons of war), and their prices instantly skyrocketed. After that, I don't think you could buy a used one for less than $3,000.00.

Similar story for my Polytech Legends AK-47. I think I paid about $400.00 for it. I sold it a few years later for just a little more than that, and then their import into the country was banned, and today they go for several thousand dollars, just like the H&K 91. They are reputed to have been the highest quality AK variant ever to be imported into the country.

I still have my HK 91 I bought in 82. Mine was $575 new in the box.