Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
By way of one example, this combined-arms tactical doctrine has been mastered and used to great effect by the U.S. Marine Corps.
Haven't y'all been chased out of every country you've invaded since North Korea? By stone age enemy? Maybe with the exception of Grenada?

Did you forget about Operation Desert Storm? That was a strategic masterpiece demonstrating American military might if there ever was one. Mentioning it in the same post as the big screwup in Ukraine is almost sacrilege, especially as it is pretty obvious that the "special operation" was clearly intended as a sort of Discount Desert Storm if you will.

Anyways, Ukraine in itsself doesn't really interest me, it's not any less corrupt and run by oligarchs than Russia. However, I cannot stomach seeing a European country being overrun by the russian mongol horde under the guise of "antifascism" and "denazification" (gee, I wonder who uses these terms in our countries...). Things like the relocation of the Ukrainian population in occupied territories as well as the whole DPR/LPR conscript armies' existence show that russian ideology has not changed one bit since they flew the soviet flag (heck, they still frequently fly the soviet flag).

Another issue I have with the article in the OP is the mentality that the whole world revolves around the United States and especially it's president, which just isn't true. NATO and the US threatening Russia is a thinly veiled excuse for invading a country's most resource rich areas - look it up, eastern Ukraine has a lot of gas and oil. A missile from Latvia would reach moscow just as fast as a missile from Ukraine. But of course some peoples are so divided, that a few people will believe foreign propaganda without question because they oppose their current government. The russians know this and have used it to effectively play both sides of the political spectrum. Just look at the American c*mmunists who readily applaud russia and are quick to condemn the empire of evil that is NATO.

Let's not kid ourselves, however. If this turns into a year long war of attrition, the Ukies will run out of resources and personnel and no amount of online virtue signalling will change that.

[Linked Image from desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz]

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere