My Echo has to be pushing 13 years old at the very least. Two years ago I took it in to get a new primer bulb and fuel line. Guy charged me about $100 bucks for complete package or whatever they call it- took about a day. I said I could get a new one for close to that and he said not anything like this one- that cemented my thought of keeping it. Thing will start in two pulls after sitting all winter. Never sees ethanol fuel and I think that has helped. Never dies in middle of job. It will still tug you across a fence line.

I finally bought a real Honda mower think....four years ago. Same thing. Has a fuel cut off as well. Wish I had done it sooner. Starts first pull and just runs. Before I bought it I was checking specs and numbers and wasn't overly impressed....more to it than that it seems.

Had a 9.5 Johnson outboard bought in 1969 was similar. Run all the gas from the carb....was about it for maintenance.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius