Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I regulary do things on a bike that I won't do in a car. That's the beauty of a bike.

The beauty of a bike is it allows old folks to maintain a degree of athleticism and fitness. At 65 I can ride with people 30 and 40 years younger without unduly slowing them up, I can also ride for hours without undue fatigue or stress injuries.

As for the traffic rules, I’ll do whatever it takes to minimize my chances of getting run over while at the same time tying not to PO drivers and pedestrians. This might involve running red lights, riding against traffic or riding on the sidewalk, dependent on the situation.

When I’m driving I don’t like cyclists either, you never know WTF they are going to do.

I also understand that if/when I do get hit, it’s always gonna be my fault, for riding on the road on a bicycle.

I was with you up until the last sentence. BIG NOPE. I do my level best to ride safely and courteously and to avoid roads that make either of those difficult. If I am complying with the law and someone hits me, it is not my fault.