Back in the early 70's, my best friend and I were hunting just south of Tazlina when we stumbled across a tiny old cabin built against the hillside in a draw. Typical trappers/prospector's cabin, the walls were short, with a barely sloped roof covered in dirt and moss.
The door was secured with a large crossbar and we could tell that no one had opened it in a very long time.

We lifted the bar and stepped inside. It was just as it had been left, possibly decades earlier. The walls were covered in layers of old newspapers to seal out the drafts. The newest one we found was from the late 1940's. All of the cookware and utensils were there, there was a small stash of kindling and firewood next to the old steel wood stove, and there were blankets folded up on the bed. There was an old kerosene lamp on the table and a couple of candles on a small shelf above it.

There wasn't the first sign of any food items and the mice and squirrels had pretty much left everything alone. The cache had collapsed sometime in the distant past and there was no discernible path from the cabin to where it lay.

We closed the cabin back up as we found it and went on hunting.

I tried to find it again many years later, but never could.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell